Monday, March 9, 2009

Winter Projects

Yesterday saw the first real efforts on Black & Tan since last fall. The weather was far too nice to stay cooped up in the garage all day, so I didn't get as far a I had hoped. Nonetheless, a start was made.

I removed the cracked spoiler extension on the passenger side door. Getting it off was harder than expected. The front screw was rusted and required careful twisting and prying to remove without damaging the paint. The aft one came out just fine. On the center stud, I assumed there was a nut, so I disassembled the door and removed the window to get to it. WRONG! Still no access. I couldn't even see a nut. Finally I spotted what looked to be (and actually is) a plastic insert holding the stud. It goes through the metal from the top (outside) and then the stud just pops into it. Prying cafefully and twisting the spoiler piece, I finally got it off. Then there was the ugly task of removing the double sided tape and goo. That was a far as I got, aside from sanding down the new spoiler pieces, conditioning them and getting them ready for installation.

No comments: