Wednesday, October 22, 2008

New Tags & Windshield Replacement

Finally got around to visiting the Mass RMV over the summer while on the Vineyard to order some new tags. I still had the original 1987 plates that were first put on my dad's 1987 900T hatchback back in the day. They were terribly faded, banged up and dirty, so it's nice to have clean ones that aren't older than the car. Makes it look a lot nicer.

The windshield has been a problem for a few years now. I had it replaced shortly after buying the car when it was chipped by a rock. I don't recall if that was the original glass or not. Currently it has a Pilkington replacement, which in my opinion has never been right. It can never really be cleaned. I've tried everything and it continually fogs up. It has a blue tint at the top, not sure if that's the original tint color or not. I want to say it should be bronze. Anyone know for sure? Anyhow, just chipped again by another rock, so time to replace. Auto Glass Co. tells me that Pilkington and Sekurit are original OEM glass for Saab. Is this true. I was given a choice of green or blue for tint. I chose green, seems like a better match. Not sure thought. Thoughts?

No comments: