Monday, September 29, 2008

Recycling

I called Goldwing Recycled Saab Parts in Hastings, NY earlier today and spoke with gentleman called Kyle who was most helpful. He informed me that he had in stock a nice set of rear spoiler extensions (the ones that wrap around from the rubber tail on the trunk lid forward to the windshield, going over the doors). I believe these were only installed on 1992-93/94 convertibles. So I ordered those up in a hurry! Also ordered a used fuel level sender...hopefully this will correct the fuel gauge reading just over half when the tank is actually full and reading empty for days when in fact there is plenty of fuel left.

In general, I an a big fan of recycling. I think it's an important thing to do. I never really thought about it in terms of cars before. Sure, I knew used or salvage parts are available, but the idea of auto recycling...taking from dead cars that will get crushed or left to rust away somewhere and removing parts that can be used to keep other cars going so that they don't have to be replaced with new ones, seems 'right'. Before stumbling across Goldwing, I have never come seen another junk yard, scrap yard, salvage yard refer to themselves or even have the term 'Recycling' in their company name. In this green day and age...it makes sense.

No comments: